Friday 13 November 2015

Study Task 2 - What do I want to know? What am I going to do?

What do I want to know, What am I going to do?

  • Identify 10 questions that you want to find the answers to as part of your degree.
  • For each question explain what you expect or want to learn by finding the answers to the questions
  • What will YOU do in order to find the answers to each question

1. What process will best enhance my sketch designs? I want to figure out how I can produce finished illustrations to a professional standard. I will need to explore a range of different process and medias to develop my ideas.
2. How can apply my individual way of drawing to other images? I have developed an interesting way of drawing characters and faces, in a loose and gestured way. I want to know if i can apply this method to drawing to other things rather than just tribal faces or other characters.
3. How do I professionally promote my work? I want to gain more confidence in promoting my work and making it available to the public. I will explore what ways other practitioners promote their work.
4. How will I keep on top of blogging? I want to gain skills in time management and find ways to keep on top of all my work.
5. What processes and medias will  I enjoy most? I want to discover lots of new medias and process on the course and I'm excited to see which ones I enjoy most and suite my creations.
6. Will I be good at thinking of concepts for things? I know this course is going to need me to think of ideas and concepts for subjects that I'm not used to working with. I will need to be able think of a concept and also apply an appropriate aesthetic to them. I hope can do this in a way that brings out my strengths.
7. What type of illustrator will I be? Im unsure what type of illustrator my style is best suited to. Im interested to slowly realise what type of illustration and imagery my visuals work best for. I need to to be lenient with the types of things I experiment with and subjects that I approach.
8. How much will I use character in my designs? Im interested in character design and want to develop how well I can apply it to different concepts. I need to think about how different characters can suite a subject and help communicate things. 
9. Will I get along with digital imagery? I have used photoshop a little bit to colour some of my designs. Will this be a way that continues to work well for me. How will the way I use it change as I progress.
10. What will I do after my degree? Will I be able of to get enough work when I finish? What skills can I gain from the course that will help me gain work and promote myself. I should be aware and look out for the types of illustrations that are popular and currently being used.

No comments:

Post a Comment