Sunday 15 May 2016

Visual Diagram - Ideas




Mind mapping all the different things that had been helping to make pictures this year really helped me to think about what had been skills have been most useful to my work. A lot of things could have been taken into account but I want to focus on the practical drawing process and methods because this is what I enjoy most think describes me best. The main things are:
  • Drawing
  • Roughing.
  • Learning and developing ideas through roughs.
  • Developing pencil sketches with different process.
  • Repeating a drawing to understand it and refine it.
  • Use character to help communicate.
  • Digitally colouring work. And using a wacom tablet.
  • Using shape.

I wanted to focus on how to explain the process I have been using in a diagram. I had the idea to make a patch-work face where each bit had a different type of drawing process on.


It could be a good way to show how I develop my rough sketches in different ways. I think using one of my tribal looking faces in the diagram would be a good way to show some of my personal style.


I though about showing the different process and medias on loads of the same face. This would also communicate the repetition that I use when figuring out an idea.



I then had the idea to put the repeated face sketches behind the patch-work face. They could work well as a background in some of the sections. I started to think about how each section could show the stages of a process, from a rough, to pen, to colour and pen and then digital. Or show different medias completely like, shape, digital, cut paper, pencil, fine liners, paint pen.


I tried a rough that showed the stages of how a rough would progress to a digital images and show experimenting with different line quality. I really like this design and can start to see how this idea would work. The only thing I don't like is the way all the colour would be at the bottom of the face, I think it would feel un balanced and have a slightly unfinished feel to it.


I wanted to balance out the different process across the face. It was hard to figure out where abouts they should be placed on the face and which work well next to each other. 



This is my favourite design, I like how the colours are balanced out across across the face. The middle section is going to be digital because it is the boldest, it will show how my image deconstructs to a sketch. I will show how I've learnt to develop my sketches and how each give a different effect to the rough. Im going to have 2 digital sections, a paper cut out section, digital shape, paint pen, two fine liner sections and two rough sections.



I though about some different colour schemes but I really like primary colours together, I think they will suite my design.

No comments:

Post a Comment