Sunday 20 May 2018

0000_Studio Exhibition in Manchester

0000_Studio was having another exhibition / event but this time at chapter one books in Manchester. I painted a big piece too exhibited inside the exhibition and they also wanted me to draw a live window display on the front of the building with another artist called Marcus Method. We where going to cover a window panel each. 

Painting I Exhibited Inside the Exhibition...


Sketch for the window display...
I sketched out a design for the widow, I had to send it too them before hand so they could have an idea how it look. It was also good for me to have on the day as something to work from when doing the live drawing, it makes working with composition a lot easier. The design had to incorporate the word 'colours and creeds' but on the day me and Marcus decided that we could a word each because we where painting next to each other and would help tie are designs together. The paintings had to be done with water based acrylic ink so that I would come off the windows easily enough.  

Finished window display...




I really enjoyed doing the window display it was a good experience and a good chance for me to make some good connections. Manchester is a good city and embraces a lot of street art. I was approached by a women outside when I was painting the window and she got my details and wants me to come and work on a big street art project in Manchester in summer. Even working alongside Marcus Method was good, it was a good chance to speak to someone else working within a very similar field too me. He pointed me in some good directions for getting involved in some mural work in the northern quarter, 'outhousemcr' is an instagram page that is always organising murals so I need to connect them soon about doing some artwork. Overall the exhibition was really successful, it was a fun day and I created a piece of art that I was happy with. Working on a window is something new to me, so i'm glad I had the opportunity to experiment with it. Hopefully it will be something I can continue to work with.

No comments:

Post a Comment