Sunday 20 May 2018

Instagram






So far Instagram has been easily one of my best and most successful marketing and networking tools. With its growing in popularity it has a massive audience and is great way to advertise yourself and show off your skills, and even to sell your artwork if used properly. I post neerly all of my finished paintings and designs on instagram, and try to post as many process pics as I can also. I need to become more confident with posting sketchbook work as I think it would help communicate my practice in more detail. I have had a number of different job / commission opportunities via instagram - I think lots of business small and large use insta as a way of exploring ideas for branding etc. So its important to keep the content flowing - consistent uploads of good pics is the key to a successful account. The more pics you post the bigger your audience will get. I found selling merchandise through insta was also a success, people where eager to buy my clothing and prints from me via instagram using paypal. Another way that instagram can be a really useful tool for promotion is when you get reposted by other accounts. There are a large number of art accounts there that re post loads of different artworks by a lots of different artist. If you can find accounts relevant to your own work, they sometimes will repost your artwork and credit you. This can be a really good way of helping people discover your work.

No comments:

Post a Comment