Sunday 20 May 2018

Research - Joshua Huges Games (Bandulu Records)





I found this illustrator called Joshua Huges, he produces artwork for lots of different album covers, event flyers and other music related posters, promotion and even clothing. I think he uses different print medias like lino and screen print combined with some digital work. I really like the unusual gothic visual quality that exists in his work. He works is very unique and the consistent dark and almost sinister aesthetic is what gives it its selling point. I really like how he incorporates typography into his work, he does it in a way that really works well with his imagery. The type has almost the same rough and authentic visual qualities as the imagery. I like how the text is always well composed around the shapes of the characters as well. I want to start to apply techniques like this too my own designs, with working on different flyer artwork and needing to apply more and more typography to my designs, I want to start experimenting with how I can produce type that works with the aesthetics and enhances the visual qualities. Maybe start trying to apply some printed textures and spray paint textures to my typefaces - and also keep exploring different fonts that work well with my illustrations and suite well the subjects that I am illustrating. As well as maybe trying to draw some of my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment