Sunday 20 May 2018

RIxonbury Festival - Live Art & Decoration

I was contacted by some other art students in leeds who where helping to organise all the artwork at a new festival in milton keynes called Rixonbury. They wanted me to come and create some large scale paintings to decorate the festival. I experimented with a range of different character designs and put them up all around the festival. They had also bought down an old car for me to spray paint which I really enjoyed. I painted some signs to go up around the festival and did some live art on the actual days of the festivals so people could come and watch us painting.

Massive Tall Characters...

Crocodile...

Painted Car...

Umbrella...



Enter Sign...

Mushroom Man...
I enjoyed painting at the festival, it was a really good opportunity to experiment with how my work could be applied to festival decoration, and some new approaches to painting on things like the car and umbrellas. It was also really good promotion for myself and gained lots of positive feedback. Its was good thing to add to my portfolio and was a good gateway to working at more festivals in summer. I have already spoken to few people who organise the art at other festivals, I will hopefully be doing art at Solfest and Eden fest this year. Another plus side to creating all these paintings was I managed to get them back to leeds and sold a few of them via Instagram, and also used some for decoration in other events in leeds that I worked with.

No comments:

Post a Comment