Sunday 20 May 2018

Website






I created my own website on square space. I started by uploading as much content as I could, I just needed another online platform to display all my best work and make my artwork more accessible to people looking for it online. I wanted my own URL so that it would be easy to find and you could just search for my name to find the website. I added an 'about' page to the site that gives a brief description of myself and my practice. I think its important to give some info about myself as well as just photographs of work - it can help people get a better idea of my skills. I also added a contact me page to the site. If somebody wants to contact me about a commission or any kind of enquiry with my artwork they can send me a direct message through my website. They can submit a message on the page that will go straight to my email. I have already had a few enquiries through my website so this was definitely an important aspect of the site. I also added a link to my instagram because im more up to date with instagram than with my website. But recently I have been trying to update my site as much as possible.

There is still definitely a few things I need to improve on the website. I want organise the pictures better and structure all of my projects properly and give specific information about different briefs. This could help people looking at my work get a more in depth idea about what I can produce. I also want to put a shop section on the site - where people can purchase things directly from there like prints, T shirts, hoodies, and maybe even original paintings. I also eventually want to draw my own typeface for all of the headings of the site. I think the website could have an over all more vibrant and illustrated aesthetic - and I think more illustration within the digital design of the site could make it much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment