Sunday 20 May 2018

Up Fest - Bristol

I went too Up Fest in Bristol last summer, it is an organised street art event where a big section of the city gets corned off and totally cover in street art and other urban art forms by artists from all over the world. I really enjoyed seeing such a diverse range of street art all crammed into one area. Im really passionate about street art so I think events like this are really beneficial to the progression of up coming artist - having an event where lots of similar artist can get together and experiment, develop and discover other people doing similar stuff to them - is really inspiring. Its good chance too meet artist one to one and learn about them and their practice. 

The street artists produced work using a range of different medias, mainly spray paint but some with the aid of stencils, tape, stickers and a range of different paint pens and markers. There was lots of different types of designs, from pattern work to photographic representation. My favourite design where the more abstract and unusual types of character creations, maybe because I could relate to these most within my own practice.

My small contribution too up fest (sticker)...

Up Fest Application:
I was so inspired after visiting up fest last year that I really wanted to be involved in the next one! I filled in an application and submitted straight away but sadly I did not make it into the selction for next years up fest :( I will still be going to see the artist work this year and will keep trying to apply. Maybe when I have a bigger portfolio of street art work and a more developed style - I will be more suitable for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment