Sunday 20 May 2018

Contacting Artists

I wanted to contact artist that where working within a similar specific industry too what I was aiming towards within my own practice. I was going to contact artists who worked with large scale murals, spray paint, involved character design, and had a consistent way of applying their skills. I wanted to ask questions that would un pick some key information about how the types of projects they work on and how they feel about their practice as a whole.

My Interview Questions:

  • What is your favourite type of commissioned work? Eg murals, prints, digital, paintings, tattoos etc... (change eg's appropriate to each artist)
  • What has been your overall favourite / most rewarding project or singular piece of work you have ever done?
  • What has been your most random project to work on? Maybe something you didn't ever expect to be working on?
  • When did creating work on a large scale and using spray paint become such a significant part of your practice?
  • How long have you been working as an illustrator / artists?
  • What advise would you give to a new artist trying to survive in the creative industry?


Key artists I want to contact:

  • Marcus Method
  • Mr Penfold
  • Drips and Dots
  • Nacho Eterno
  • Captainearwax
  • Peteobsolete
I will start be messaging these artist on instagram or emailing them asking if they are up for answering a few questions for me. I have chosen these artist specifically because I have discovered them recently and am very familiar with there work.

No comments:

Post a Comment