Sunday 20 May 2018

Research - Gabvisuals






I really like the work of Gabvisuals, I think it demonstrates really well how his illustrations can be applied to a range of different products like prints, paintings on wood, large scale murals, clothing, stickers and skateboards. He applies the same character creations to the different designs and uses the character to maintain a recognisable identity. His designs are well composed, I like how he fills the space on his large scale murals and uses the shapes of the buildings with his characters. Working within an environment and filling specific spaces with artwork is a skill that I have to apply within my own practice so finding other artists that tackle this is always inspiring. Also seeing how he translates his same character designs onto different products is something I can definitely apply within my own practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment