Sunday 14 May 2017

Large Scale Spray Painting...

Above are my 2 favourites - I really like the use of black fill in the bottom one - I want to explore this more.

  • Across the year I tried to experiment with large scale painting as much as possible in my own time - using up any spray paint and emulsion I could find - I would go and paint in abandoned places and derelict building.
  • I find its really important for my personal practice to keep painting in this way whenever possible - it gives me a change from the paper based illustration, its more of a physical activity and a day out - its not just about the final outcome i just enjoy the whole process, it keeps me in touch with my large scale skills and keeps me engaged with my personal art, it feels rewarding, and above all else is something I love to do and stops me from going insane - it is the best thing I have found to deal with stress - I just lets my head turn off for a sec and focus on something disconnected from everything else.
  • Across the space of this year I have started to realise more and more how large scale works is becoming a key part of practice - so going out and painting is the thing that will keep me moving my spray painting skills forward and keep discovering things - I cant just rely on the commissions as the space to experiment and progress - my spray painting skills need testing outside of professional work.

No comments:

Post a Comment