Sunday 14 May 2017

Lino Printing

Lino cutting has been a really useful discovery across the year in terms of my professional practice.


  • I found it was a really good way of translating my ideas into neat, graphic and clean designs that are much more suitable for products - and sellable prints.
  • Its a completely different visual quality to my other work - so i'm glad I have engaged with it as as it gives me another route to take my aesthetics.
  • Id say this was my key discovery this year within the course and my skills in relation to contemporary illustration - i really enjoy working with lino and have gained a lot of confidence within the print process across the space of the year. 
  • After using lino for several briefs I can say the key thing is to try and use it only when its definitely the most appropriate media - it can be hard to apply to everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment