Sunday 14 May 2017

Sketch Ideas

These are just some sketch ideas from across the year - they have contributed to some of the ideas for my personal work like the libertine and the commission boards...


  • Drawing abstract hands and arms is something I have developed across the year - I have enjoyed looking at how I can make weird figures and mix up the different features.
  • I sketch in a continuos line way - its a good way that I can translate my ideas onto paper.

  • Mr. ARMS - I really liked this sketch, it inspired a lot of my work across the year - well any that involved arms.
  • I liked how the arms fill the composition - nothing overlapping just a simple layout - this can be applied in so many ways - which I have started to demonstrate in a few designs for different projects (roald dahl, commission boards ect..)


  • Working in square formats is something I enjoy - these sketches gave me ideas to experiment with a type face - could I make me characters into latter formations?? using the limbs and bodies as parts of the letters.

Composition Layouts:
  • I really like how these composition sheets look - and I really enjoyed the process.
  • I made them by drawing a simple character of part off, and then carried on drawing shapes and characters around it making sure I left space all around the edges - and did this until the pages where full. I like the randomness and not really knowing how the pages would pan out.
  • I think a lot could be done with theses ideas... they could work really well as large scale spray paintings, they could work really nice as screen prints with bold colours behind the shapes. It could also be interesting to see how you could respond to a specific theme/subject using this exact same process - finding shapes and characters to draw relating to a theme.


No comments:

Post a Comment