Saturday 13 May 2017

Lucas Beaufort

  • I really like the work of Lucas Beaufort, I think he applies his character design in an interesting way. Especially to these photographs...


  • Its a really cool idea having characters fitted around the landscape in the photos, the rough hand generated quality, simple mark making and bright colours of his designs make a nice contrast against the photos. there is so much that could be done with this idea - I could imagine it working well with some of my own character designs.
  • He focuses his work within skateboarding, this suites his work and it is applicable to lots of different parts of skateboarding like decks, t shirts, magazines and any other kind of skateboard related branding. I guess its good to find something as specific as skateboarding as a home for your illustration - I guess it could make finding work more straight forward.



  • What makes his characters so applicable to different shapes and composition is how they are formed fairly abstractly out of different adaptable sections/shapes, he has discovered a process of generating lots of different types of characters out of different shapes - I can relate to this within my own design, how I can form different random characters - I should think about how this could be used to my advantaged and applied to its full potential - finding a good end product that the process can be applied too.

No comments:

Post a Comment