Sunday 14 May 2017

The Brick Gallery - Sheffield

  • I new graffiti shop opened in sheffield really recently - It sells all kinds of graffiti supplies and spray paint - It also has a gallery space that features loads of local artists - I still need to go and have a proper look.
  • I knew the owner and gave him a selection of my prints to put in the gallery and to sell in the print rack.



  • Somebody bought one of my deck design prints!! I think it was the first print to sell since opening. I ranged my prints from £20 - £30, and the shop gets %20 cut.
  • I didn't really expect to sell anything in the shop - especially with it just opening.
  • I only gave him one of each print so I want take him another load over, this has made me aware of how important it is to get y work in as many different places as possible - you never know when someone will stumble across your work.
  • I need to do some research into graffiti stores/galleries across the uk and see about getting my prints over to them.
  • I will also contacting other local galleries like Colours May Vary - and see about getting some work on display/for sale.
  • I had put canvases up in store before - but I think prints are much better - people are much more likely top buy a print on the spot that a canvas. I am more likely to get commissioned for a specific canvas - than to sell one I have already created.
  • Paper based prints are a much more efficient form of artwork too give out to different places - and send around - its much more practical.

No comments:

Post a Comment