Sunday 14 May 2017

Leg Character

  • I wanted to revisit a character design from my cop visual journal (bellow) - I liked the look of the long black parallel legs - I wanted to have a go at how this could be re created on a larger scale.
  • I had some off cuts of wood from the big commission boards I did, I used the same colour pallet and media combination of spray paint and an ink markers. I experimented leaving a wooden background which I quite like the look of.
  • I have really enjoyed working with all the primary colours - I love how they work together and create the vibrant and characterful aesthetic.
  • Approaching sketchbooks in a similar way to my cop journal is something I want to do in future - as well as doing lots of roughing sketching and idea generation in pencil - I want to practice how I can experiment with paint medias and colour on a small scale at early stages of projects.
  • This is a small board in response to the process I learnt within my cop visual journal - looking at other ways I can apply the experimental aesthetic - I enjoy creating them and think there is a lot that can be done with it - I will definitely consider how more briefs can be approached like this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment