Saturday 13 May 2017

T Shirts Commission - Sinewave

  • The owner of a music event called 'Sinewave' asked me if I could produce a T shirt/Hoodie design for him to go on the back of his clothing merchandise.
  • He wanted some of my character designs but wanted it to be linked to sound systems some how.
  • I spoke to him about ideas for a coloured design but he wanted it to be just a single black layer that could be made straight into a positive for screen print - so I decided a lino print would be perfect for that.
  • I sent him some rough designs so he could choose which one he liked best...


  • He chose this one (bellow), I think this one was my favourite too, it had the most iconic form and would definitely work best for a T shirt design...

Final lino print...
  • This is the final lino cut, I really like how design works in lino, it has a bold and clean line quality that will work well for a clothing graphic.
  • I wanted to include some shapes coming off it but to make the cutting easier I decided to create them digitally afterwards.






  • I made some different variation of the shapes to let him chose between.


  • This is my personal favourite and I think it is the one he chose, the actual T shirts haven't been printed yet, I would have liked to include a picture of the real product.
  • Adding the shapes digitally works well, the aesthetic matches well, I will look at how I can add in digital shapes where needed to my designs if it makes the process easier.
  • I found this project fun, I liked having to work around the them of sound systems - i'm pleased with how the speaker came out in the final print, I wasn't sure how it would look next to the face that I was much more confident about cutting.

No comments:

Post a Comment